Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Truth Will Set You Free.....And A Lie Will Drop You Like A Bad Habit



The truth will set you free.
"The" truth...not some truth....or a truth...but the truth....
Truth seems to be in short supply in our time and space.
Seems to me that some people suffer from what I refer to as "Situational ethics".
In other words, I will do what I need to do to survive, no matter what situation I may find myself in.
Some like to refer to this as being flexible....
Or possessing the ability to adapt to the moment....
I call it what it is....No backbone.
Moses' brother, Aaron, was like that.
He suffered from situational ethics.
Aaron's truth was forged in his flesh and not his heart.
It cost him.

Check it out in Exodus 32.
Ol 'Mo has gone up on the mountain to be with God.
He left Aaron kind of in charge.
"Aaron...watch over these folks and don't let them get off into any mischief. Do you hear me?"
I'm sure Aaron was kind of hacked because this was his younger brother giving him orders.
But Aaron didn't heed the truth.
Moses stayed gone for a number of days...
People grew restless...they didn't want to hear the truth...
They were too busy listening to their flesh (desires and wants).
So they approach old Aaron and ask him to make them a god.
Aaron suddenly turned into a gold broker and smelter...."Bring me everything you have that is gold."
Built a fire...
Put the gold in a pot...
Heated it...
Made a mold...
Poured the gold...
Shaped and fashioned it...
Voila...
Calf god.....moo
Not once did Aaron remember any of the truth that the real deal God had spoken.
Forgot it all.
The truth that was given to the people, truth from God, was now cast aside.
So if the truth will set you (or make you free), then when you discard it for a lie...that must mean you are brought under bondage and slavery to the kingdom of darkness and the devil. Bummer.
Let me see if I can get this straight...
God's truth makes me free...
God's truth sets me free from the lies and bondage of sin....
The world's truth is a mere copy and empty shell of God's truth.
THE truth will set you free...
Jesus said that He IS the truth.

One last thing...
The truth of God will set you free from yourself.
From all those old choices that YOU use to make.
From all those bad decisions that seemed so right at the time.
Real truth....God's truth, will bring you into a new way of living.
Not a bad deal....

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...