Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I Do Love Me Some Things



A cold glass of ice tea

Smell of freshly cut grass

Home made ice cream

Night breezes

My grand daughter's laughter

The wisdom of my grand son

water gun battles

A good burger or hot dog

three part harmony when it fits like a glove

the way my wife says my name

waking up to her face ever morning

First ear of corn this year for an evening meal 
(we call it supper)

my son's debates over an evening meal

My two daughters-in-law who are precious beyond reason

the hymn "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God"

4th of July on Greene Street

Thunder storms when you can smell the rain before it arrives

vacation's in Florida

Listening to John Wimber, George Creel as the teach God's Word

When the Spirit of God becomes so thick when you're worshiping

A good black and white western

Christmas with the entire family

Communion with my church family

Waking up on Saturday / Sunday morning and easing into the day

The tiredness that comes after accomplishing a task

Small coke (in the green bottle) and a pack of Tom's Peanuts

The truth that the promises of God are "yes" and "amen"

I Corinthians 2:2

When the light comes on and a person gives themselves to Christ

Baptism in the creek

Saturday night at Vineyard Recovery

Godzilla Movies

smell of honeysuckle at dusk

and last 
but certainly not least

The sheer fact that God loves this old man
with all his flaws (I'm letting Him work on them)
and wants him to be a part of His kingdom and family.
for that I am eternally grateful

God on you...
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...