Friday, June 28, 2013

New Voice----Old Message




Never ceases to amaze me at the various ways the message goes out.
The delivery will change.

Culture will define the vehicle it rides on.
But the message never changes.
I am grateful for every voice that rises up to speak truth in such a way that those born into that culture hear it...receive it...and are changed by it.

I never want to become so rigid in my life that I can't see or hear God when He speaks through others.
I've been a pharisee way to many times and it produces nothing but discord and hate. I guess I see why Jesus was so up on those guys.
Truth be known, I think maybe when we look at those who were Pharisee's, we were seeing our sin nature all dressed up on religious clothing.

Not going back there....

Teach me to love.
Teach me to correct in love when it is needed, not when I want to.

Help me see that when others come to correct me, they are doing so because they love me enough to tell me the truth.
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...