Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Incredible Undying Love Of God

Psalm 100:5
For the LORD is good, and his love endures forever. His faithfulness continues through all generations.

Such simple words to read.
Yet they contain a truth that human understanding cannot fathom.
They explain and reveal the nature of God.
They proclaim the truth of who He truly is, and what motivates and drives him.
Goodness......the inherent ability to do good. To extend to others a helping hand to aid them during times of trouble and stress. Goodness! How many of you, as a child, prayed "God is great...God is good."? Yes He is. Every day, all day long. 

God's love endures forever. The world hates Him. People curse Him and use His name in profane ways, yet the His love for His creation never wavers. We doubt His existence and turn out backs on Him, yet He continues to love.
And the kicker is.....we only turn to Him when we have gotten ourselves in trouble and we want to escape any pain or consequences for our bad choices.
Yet He continues to love.


Every time you used a needle to get high. God's love was there waiting on you.
Every time you cursed the day you were born, and went to the dope house to escape, God's presence and love followed you there. His voice was telling you, "Don't! You don't have to do this. I will save you and restore you because you have infinite worth to Me!" You see, that was my problem. Every time I would think of God, I had convinced myself that I was not worthy. I wasn't worth anything to anyone. Yet to God, I was precious. I was part of His creation and it broke His heart to see me living in such darkness and pain. He loved me so much that He allowed me to have my way. To chase those things that He knew were bad for me and would take me to places where it would not end well. Yet He loved me enough to be there when it all came crashing down. Not with an accusing voice of "I Told You So!" But with a gentle, kind voice that said, "I love you...Turn to Me and let He heal and restore you."

So this morning, sitting here at this computer, the greatest truth I know is also the simplest.
Jesus loves me, this I know...
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong...
They are weak, but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so.

God On You....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...