Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dogwood, Christian Brothers And Family



Dogwood....
The real Steven and Annie Chapman with Ron Elder.
My first Christian Brothers Falls Festival is where I was introduced to their music.
I was a new creation after years in the darkness.
Lost my way and wandered a bit. Not fun and extremely dangerous.
Vicki and I came home.
We found a group of friends and new family during this time.
George Creel and Central United Methodist Church became a place where Vicki and I were taught and nurtured. Good folks there.
It was a very formative time for me spiritually.
God was redefining me and changing me.
I was swept up on a tide of a new work that had finally reached our state and our city.

Crossing the country from California, we were all affected by the Jesus Movement of the 60's.
I make no apologies for my passion or my love for the music and the people. They were, and still are a gift from my heavenly father. 

What had been a generational voice of dissent and rebellion had been laid hold of by God's Holy Spirit and was now sounding the clarion call of "One Way!"

The summer of love, which had descended into self-gratification on every level, was now resurrected in the agape light of God Himself. 
And the part I still marvel at is that all of this took place outside the walls and rules of the traditional church. 
So enjoy this song by Dogwood.
Let it sink down pass your mind and get all up in your spirit.
At some point we are going to be presented to Christ as His bride.
What a day that will be.
Maranatha, Lord Jesus.

God on you...
mb

1 comment:

Greene Street Letters said...

Dogwood...I can still see them on the stage up at the falls. The sun had just gone down and a cool breeze was blowing through the crowd. We had the gift of youth and didn't realize how fragile it was or how fleeting it would be. We thought that it would be this way forever. Don't get me wrong...I really like the age I am today and all that life has for me. I am grateful to God for my family and my health and my relationship with Him. Let's keep on for a little longer and see what's over that hill.
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...