Wednesday, July 24, 2013

God Is Speaking Through The Weather



Job 38:4-7
"Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you know so much. Do you know how its dimensions were determined and who did the surveying? What supports its foundations and who laid its cornerstone as the morning stars sang together and all the angles shouted for joy?"

All though out the book of Job you have this running conversation between Job and his so-called friends. Back and forth, back and forth expounding and postulating as to the nature of God and how He acts toward mankind.

Eventually it reads as if God has had enough and steps into the conversation.
Bottom line----how can finite humanity understand the ways and thoughts of infinite God. Answer: We can't.

God spoke to me this morning concerning the weather we are currently experiencing. You and I both know that this isn't typical July/Alabama Summer Weather. On Sunday, Vicki actually took a blanket and covered up on the couch, saying, "I'm freezing!" 

During my quiet time this morning, God spoke to me.
Here is what I heard, as best as I can remember and repeat for you.
"The weather has you confused. You have tried to reason as to the "why" of it, but you have no answer. I am doing this. I am bringing the rain and the lower temperatures. Why? Because you have fallen into a pattern of expecting the same things over and over. It's July...it will be hot....it will be humid. The grass will die. I am showing this to you to wake you up from your ways of simply accepting what you believe will always happen."

"Don't lock your understanding down---just because a thing happened one way in the past, doesn't mean that it will be that way in the future. Just because you expect the same thing over and over again, you become use to that way of thinking. you become comfortable with it. Truth be known, you quit believing that I can do what I have claimed I would do.  you talk about the weather and even though you try and predict it, you are powerless to control it. You are helpless and without power. All you can do is live in the moment. Learn from this example. Quit accepting what is and start expecting what could be from my hand."

Basic message I took away? God is in control. He is showing us this through our weather patterns we are currently experiencing. He stands above how we think things should be done. He is calling us to move from accepting to expecting.
WE have accepted too much from this world already. It is time we start moving with the expectation of Your Kingdom Come...Your Kingdom Will Be Done....Right here in this town....as it is being done in heaven. 

We have lived far too long accepting addiction and the destruction it brings.
Maybe we should start living in the expectation of healing only God can bring.

We have lived far too long accepting disease and sickness.
Maybe we should start living in the expectation of the Kingdom mandate from God  that Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil (I John 3:8). 


The word that I received is related to living in recovery. 
We must (hear this)...
We must acknowledge what we cannot do in our own strength and power.

We must look for that Power....that Higher Power....whose name is Jesus, and give ourselves to it. Lay hold of Him and do not let Him go. Quit accepting the voices from your past that accuse you and condemn you. Listen for God's voice and learn to hear Him no matter what may be going around you or in you.

God on you....
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...