Sunday, July 21, 2013

It Was A Good Night---It Was A God Night!



Acts 2:44
Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common.

It was that kind of night last night.
A God night.
A night where you just knew that you had been in His presence.

It had nothing to do with me or anyone else who came through the doors, but you just knew that He was a very real presence.

We had another baptism last night.
Young boy who'd expressed a desire to be baptized had come with his parents and his sister.
I had forgotten that we had talked about this, so I had not prepared for it.
I apologized for it and told him we would reschedule it for another time.
God had a different idea.

Jason and Jeremiah took over and while the meeting was going on, they prepared everything for the baptism.
God wanted this to happen.

My wife worshiped. 
You see, my wife is a true worshiper. By that, I mean that when we enter into the music,she is oblivious to anyone and anything around her. Like she has told me before, "When I start to worship, everything around me disappears, and it is just God and me." During the song, "Lily Of The Valley", she began to sing from here heart. Such things are not done to draw attention to herself, but rather to pay honor and glory to God. In fact, you'd have to know my wife to understand that she does not crave any attention or the limelight. She just loves God. I've told her repeatedly that I am always moved when I see her walking in freedom during our times of worship.

Teaching was from Romans 1:21-24.
This was our fifth teaching from Romans, as we continue to look at a community of believers who were living in the middle of a society and culture gone bad.

This particular passage we were on last night, to me, was God showing the potential of the human heart when decisions are made outside of His will. Such decisions lead us down the slippery slope to self-destruction. The continual rejection of God point to a scary place. Therefore, God also gave them up to uncleanness...
God continues to show His love for those who have begun this descent from His will and His presence. But at some point, God will turn loose to let you pursue the very thing you have rejected Him for.
I thing the point in the teaching last night was to show the potential of the human heart when someone lives for their own desires and wants. God continues to woo and draw back that person who has rejected the offer of real life.

At the "After-meeting" meeting, we gathered to share our perspective on what had happened during our meeting. It is an opportunity to learn from each other and pray for specific needs.
Ann Wynn, executive director of Sandy's Place, A local treatment center, is hosting an event next Saturday at the falls to raise funds for her program. Multiple bands and much more will be happening. I think it starts at 1 p.m. and goes till 11 p.m. So if you're free and you want to support a wonderful cause....Go by and at least make a donation to SANDY'S PLACE.

We got a chance to pray for a young couple who are leaving for Honduras on August 11. They are in need of financial support to make the trip. Not anxious or fretful, they are trusting God that He will provide.

Like I said, it was a good night.......It was a God night.
Thanks to Deb Hooks for the cake and coffee....I had a piece of the cake for breakfast this morning. Yes, my mother is turning over in her grave. Cake! For Breakfast!

A million thanks to Barry Hooks for going out to Rapha and picking up the guys so they could come last night. 

If your free next Saturday...
Come and join us.
We'll do it all over again.
Come together and see what God is up to.


God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...