Monday, July 1, 2013

Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never Give up! Look Up!


Psalm 121:1-2
I will lift up my eyes to the hills around Jerusalem. To sacred Mount Zion and Mount Moriah, where shall my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

II Corinthians 3:5b
.......But our power and ability and sufficiency are from God.

It is an amazing thing to watch God at work. To see His hand come and touch people and families and bring healing to them. Not just physical, but emotional and relational healing. Where once only discord and mistrust existed, now the fruit of trust and love begin to form. 

It is an amazing thing to watch the love of God come and cover a family and begin the process of repairing all the damage done by words spoken out of anger. Words created to hurt each other. Now we see the grace of God at work in that family as real healing takes place. To stand there and watch, knowing that everything you are seeing is beyond your control or ability. You simply prayed and asked God to come. You asked Him to come and do what He does so well. That is...love on people....heal people....save people...and affirm those who have surrendered will and life over to His care. That is an amazing thing.

I got to see these things happen 3 times this weekend. Saturday night, at Vineyard Recovery...Sunday morning at Grace Covenant and then again last night at Celebrate Recovery. Watching the power of God come upon others only reaffirms my belief, my trust and my hope in God. That no matter what my eyes may see in this old world; the pain, the hurt and the willful destruction of members of families....I know that God stands ready to heal when called upon. Such events and times as these are more than 'glory bumps' and 'warm fuzzy feelings'...they are the very bedrock of the kingdom of God. The incredible fact that God Himself has invaded our time and space to proclaim His plan for taking back His creation. 

So I don't look to anyone else to save me when times get dark and life gets hard. I don't look up to the Federal Government or their programs as my salvation. I don't look to the human spirit or will to accomplish what only God can do. I look to my Father in heaven who knows my needs before I ever ask. I ask because I want my faith to be increased in this process. To have my trust level in God go up, because it has now ceased to be a mental exercise and has become a reality when my prayers are answered. 

Hope to see you Saturday night at Vineyard Recovery/ 7 p.m.
We are going to continue on in our "ROMAN" journey.
Or, as I have stated, "Learning how to live in a world gone crazy."

God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...