Friday, July 12, 2013

Rambling Worship Thoughts



Praise....
We relegate it sometimes to songs that are sung with our mouth and not our heart.
Such songs stir nothing but flesh and wind....
They do not capture the heart of God...
They do not lay hold of God's ear and draw His attention.
They only appease my humanness, and do nothing to lift me into Your presence, O Lord.
They are but clanging cymbals and noisy drums that serve no purpose.
I do not want this attitude or behavior in my life or in my heart.
I want to give everything when I worship You, Lord.
I want to expend myself until nothing is left and I lay empty at your feet.
Then get up and do it all over again.

Forgive me for using worship and praise to try and manipulate You.
You who created everything....How could I ever manipulate You?
That is the foolishness of my own thinking.
The deluded thought that if I perform with just the right chords on my guitar...
Stand on stage with a holy, pious look on my face like I am really in touch with You, somehow you will come at my call to lavish upon me the desires of my flesh. Not my heart, but my flesh.
How sick am I?
Oh God, I don't get to define what worship is or isn't.
I only am called to do it.
Worship You.
Worship You because You deserve it.
Worship You because You are worthy.

Getting in touch with my creation-ness in the incredible presence of my Creator.
I want to sing to You.
I want to dance before You. My dance will be awkward and funny looking...but You find beauty in it because You know, Lord, that I  have left my own comfort zone to risk everything for You.
Let me fall upon Your Grace.
Let me die in Your mercy.
Let me sing of Your goodness.
Bless Your Name...
Bless Your Holy Name.

In Jesus Name...
Amen.

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...