Saturday, August 31, 2013

What A Wife!



Y'all are going to have to bear with me over the next few days....
You see, there is this woman that I am head-over-heels-in love with.
Come this Sunday, it will be 41 years of us being hitched together.
That's a lot of time that she had to put up with me.

Putting up with me quitting my job to go make music because "God told me to"....
we pert near died that year. Turned out it wasn't God.
But you know what, she never wavered at all. She stood by and supported me through it all.
Not once did she say, "Told  you so!"
She was there to encourage and love me.
She is everything and more you could ask for in a wife.
Strong-willed, yet at the same time as fragile as a china cup.
Giving love and desiring to be loved.

Funny how God frames marriages with memories.
The older I've gotten, the more memories become precious to me.
The things we have faced over the years have created catch words and phrases, that when spoken trigger that memory to come up. To me, that is a gift from God.
I can look at my wife and say, "Flash Spider".
To you, it probably makes no sense, but to her it brings up a memory and with it laughter.
"Our Hovel."
"Raphie"
"Buzzards"
"Ju-ju"
"Flippin"
and on and on and on.
These are the things that 41 years of marriage are built on.
Oh, we've had our share of tears over the past 41 years. We've had our share of hard times.
But I don't think we have ever had many days when there wasn't laughter in the Bynum household.

I haven't been very successful at many things in my life. At least successful as the world measures it.
But I have had the greatest honor a man could ever receive. To be a husband and father.
So as we approach our anniversary tomorrow, Vicki, know that I love you more today, than when we first met on January 19, 1970.
Let's do another 41, what do you say?

Michael

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...