Monday, September 9, 2013

Posting With No Purpose

Today is one of those days when you don't really have anything to say.
Oh, you wish you could come up with something clever...something witty or profound...
But the old brain juices aren't flowing.
Today is such a day.
I know that I've already posted once this morning, but as I went back and read over it, it was more out of just having something to put up for others to read.
For that attitude and behavior, I ask that you forgive me.
I know that truly there is nothing new under the sun, and I know that there isn't anything I could write that hasn't already been covered by someone else.
In such times as these, I have to simply rely on the truth of what I know.

So what do I know?
I know that I am alive and reasonably healthy by the grace of God who has given me breath for one more day.
I know that I don't understand how I can sit here in Attalla, Alabama, typing, and someone on the other side of the world can read what I have posted.
I know that there is only one God....that He loves me (and all of his creation) and desires to have an intimate relationship with us.
I have come to the conclusion that God is neither Democrat or Republican.....He has no denominational affiliation, but rather connects with those whose hearts are committed to Him.
I understand that the mercy of God triumphs over the judgement of God.
I am grateful that God is love. Not that God loves, nor God created love, or God is a big supporter of love, but rather, God IS Love.

I guess I could go on and on, but there isn't much sense in it.
I just want to know God better today than I did yesterday.
I don't want to waste today on foolish things or my own selfish wants and desires.
I want today to count for the Kingdom.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll have something better to say.
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...