Friday, September 13, 2013

You Were Born To Worship......Your Life Is Worship.



One of the things that drew my heart to the Vineyard, was their love for worship. Not just in songs but in their relationships, in their daily lives...they wanted to be pleasing to God. Isn't that what true worship really is? Me being pleasing to God....my words reflecting God's greatness to a world that doesn't know Him? My life being lived out daily in a fallen world, yet I am not bound by the dictates and behaviors of this world, but operated on in a Kingdom dynamic that reveals the love of God every day.

Worship isn't about the people on stage who play and sing.
Worship isn't about any one person's name being on a CD or I-tune...
Worship is about a heart that is moved to simply declare love to God.
Love to God for who He is, not what He has done or will do.

I am grateful for my salvation...
I am grateful for His grace in my life...
I am grateful that He loves me....
But I am grateful to God first and foremost.


It has been my honor and privilege to have been placed with some incredible musicians and singers how have taught me how to worship.
How to hear God and follow His Holy Spirit during a song.
That at the appropriate time, the Spirit takes us off the page...away from the chords and notes and leads us to that wonderful place where songs are created. The heart! I truly believe that if you are chasing this God,then there are songs within you that have yet to sung or put to paper. I believe that every believer has those songs regardless of talent or ability. You have breath....you have a song. You may not think it to be a song, but it's there waiting to erupt and come forth in fresh praise to God.

Start singing....
Start singing your prayers.....

Sing to God in the shower. Just let the words come forth. They don't have to rhyme. Just let it out and you will be surprised at what happens.
Let yourself resonate with the goodness of God as you proclaim His greatness.
You were born to worship....
Don't let anyone or anything steal that from you....


God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...