Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I Am Free



I have been set free because I ran into the ultimate authority and power.
An authority and power greater than any on earth, under the earth or in heaven.
A Power that is able to break the bonds of any sin/addiction.

Able to command doors to open and prisoners be set free.
But even as the door swings open and I hear the words, "Do you want to be free?" I have to make a decision. Do I go........or do I stay in this cell.

Do I step out and experience the freedom of Christ?
Or do I remain in bondage and only dream of freedom.
Living in bondage accepting a pseudo-freedom that only pretends to offer me real life?


I know this cell all to well.
I know the dimensions of it, the boundaries that hold me fast.
I know what is expected of me if I stay in this cell. I make not like it, but I do know what to expect. If I step outside the cell, I am entering uncharted waters of freedom. The only thing I am sure of is the presence and the voice of the one who had called me into this new life.


I can trust Him.
I can rely on Him. Not as a get-out-of-jail-free- card like in Monopoly.
But one who has my good will and best interest at heart. One who wants to call me into an adventure outside the walls of the cell that I have lived in for so long. To experience what true freedom really means. Free from "self" to live in Him. Free from addiction to live in Him.

There are a lot things I am not.

But free is not one of them.....
I am free because the Son has made and set me free.


I Peter 2:16
Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil. Live as servants of God.

God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...