Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Ultimate Line Dance



One eye here on earth....
One eye watching and waiting for You to return, Jesus.

My thoughts intermingled with verses that fill me with hope.
Darkness of this world.......this society.......this time.....try to stamp out my hope.
Problems come at me from every side.
They weigh heavily on me, but I am not crushed.
Problems that seem to not have any answers....
But I am not confused or without hope.

Because everything that I face today........good or bad..........is temporary.
I have hope.
Not a false hope that the Calvary will somehow ride over the hill to my rescue, but rather a hope that is found in my belief that Jesus is who He said He is, and that He will do what He claims He will do.

I possess a living hope. A hope that changes as I grow and mature in my relationship with Christ.

I am like the man in Habakkuk who proclaims, "Though the fig tree may not blossom,. Nor fruit be on the vine. Though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food. Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls---Yet I will rejoice in the Lord. I will joy in the God of my salvation."

Doesn't matter what the day may bring my way....
Good or bad----
Helpful or hurtful ---
Darkness or light----
I will rejoice in God who has saved me for a higher purpose than to simply take up space, breath and eat.
I find my stride and lay hold of Him and follow Him every moment of every day.
There is life where once there was none.
So today, I choose to follow.
Today I choose to be permanently desperate for Jesus.

Why? Because I  have a life and relationship that is not bound up or stopped by time. It will extend beyond my own existence here on planet earth. It will transition me over into a new dimension and new way of living. In this place I will shake loose the old body that is breaking down to embrace a new one. I will dance like it's no one's business. I will dance before my Jesus with shouts and screams of His greatness. What a Savior.
So today, I choose to worship Jesus.
Giving glory to my heavenly Father...
And listening for the voice of the Holy Spirit inside me directing and guiding me.

I wonder what's over the hill?
I think I'll go see.


God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...