Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Additional Thoughts On A Rainy Day

Restless this morning....
But restless in a good way....
My prayers, this week, have been for God to come to us.
Come to us, His children.
I am experiencing a hunger for Him to come in a visitation of His Spirit.
I am expecting God.

My expectation isn't for healing's.........although I believe such are needed now more than ever.
My expectation isn't for miracles...........although I still am like a little child when I see the hand of God move.
My expectation is for God Himself.
For Him to come down into our midst and revive us.
Come and restore us.
Come and redeem us with His hand of power.
That God would come and receive our worship, as flawed as it is.
Receive our worship, as imperfect as we are....hear the song that comes from our hungry hearts, as we turn attention and will toward Him.

Why now?
Why this expectancy?
Because I have watched as addiction/sin has taken people away from us.
I have watched as some have come to our meetings, sitting with us on Saturday nights, only to be swayed and trapped again by their own lusts, under the influence of the devil and his kingdom of darkness.

I have taught everything recovery, but now is the time to lay it all down and cry out to God, "Oh God, we are in need of You now. We've tried it all in our own strength and we have failed miserably."

True freedom is found in the presence of Jesus.
True freedom comes to us because of the cross of Christ.
So my prayer is now for God to come with a visitation into our midst. Not just a "Howdy-do, I'm here" kind of visitation, but rather one where we are brought under the cloud of His presence. Where we are weighed down by God being with us.

No more recovery games....
No more.
I no longer want to live in quiet desperation.
I want to be like blind Bartimaeus, crying out, "Son of David! Have mercy on me!" And, like Bartimaeus, when those around me hush me and tell me to be quiet, I will cry out even louder.
The time for quietness has passed.
We have got to become a desperate people. Desperate for the very presence of God.
We need to be like the deer in Psalm 42...."As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God."
Did you catch that?
The thirst I am to have isn't for more teaching.
The thirst isn't for more church.
The thirst isn't for more literature or worship cd's.
The thirst is for the very presence of God.
I am thirsty for God!

May our thirst for the presence of God grow to such proportions, that we cry out, "O God! Come and meet with us, less we die!"

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...