Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I Love Your Presence




Are you bound to this earth by an appetite and desire for the things of this world?
Or are you free to worship God with abandonment?
I Peter 2:9......"That you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light."

I desire to be free from the opinion of men, flying with only the thought of my Lord and my Savior, Jesus and how I could worship Him even more than I do.
I don't want to be earth bound by limitations that I place on myself and in my God. I do not want to fall prey to the temporary, but always look to the eternal. Sounds mystical and way out there, doesn't it? Well, it's not. 
Save me from myself, O Lord.
Let me be found loosed in You. Saved and redeemed to fulfill the call and place you would have me be. 

Come and meet me today, Lord.
Come and meet me tomorrow.
And Father....
Come and invade our time and space this Saturday night.
Come in purity and holiness.
Come in power and purpose.
Come in love and mercy....

But Lord, please come to meet with us.
Not to us...Not to us, O Lord, but all glory belongs to You.

Psalm 24:3-5
Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart.
Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully.
He shall receive blessings from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.


Psalm 27:4-6
One thing I have desired of the Lord, that I will seek.....
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the day of my life.
To behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple.
For in the time of trouble, He shall hide me in His pavilion.
In the secret place of His tabernacle, He shall hide me.
He shall set me high upon a rock.

And now my head shall be lifted up, above my enemies all around me.
Therefore, I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle. 

I will sing....yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...