Sunday, November 10, 2013

Revelation Not Revolution

Revelation 1:1
"The Revelation of Jesus Christ................."

Revelation......an unfolding.....a sudden awareness..........an uncovering.
This is an ongoing process, much like the journey in recovery.
Not equating the two on the same level, but the more revelation I have as to the person and mission of Jesus Christ, the more I understand myself with all my flaws and character defects. Such understanding of who I am makes it much easier to turn my will and life over to the care of Christ.

Recovery is about life. Life is found in Christ. Real life, overcoming life, not this ideal that life is measured by all the material stuff you can accumulate.
John 1:4 reads: In Him (Jesus) was life and "THE" Life was the light of men."
In other words, when we surrender will and life over to the care of Jesus, we are given, in return, His life and His direction to guide us through the pitfalls and minefields of our daily walk. Who wouldn't want to take Him up on that deal? Well, those who refuse to give up their old ways. Those whose rebellious hearts will not acknowledge Jesus as the source of life. Those whose appetites are so far gone that they only desire those dark and evil places and people, never knowing real contentment or satisfaction. They run around feasting and gorging themselves on the temporary things of this world, feeding only their sinful appetite. Such an appetite is never satisfied but craves even darker and more evil food to feast on. 

Jesus desires for us to have only the best from Him.
Psalm 23:5 reads: You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil, my cup runs over.
The work that Jesus does in our lives is not a hidden work. It is out in the open for all to see and for us to understand the exact extent of this divine recreation process. The change that He brings to my life is done in the presence of my enemies. What do you think my enemies are going to say when they see me change? Do you think they will cheer and shout and say, "What a wonderful thing this is?" No, they are going to become angry and will lash out at me for what the perceive as selling out. But Jesus....Jesus will anoint my head with oil. The place of my brain. My skull. The place where my mind operates and where my thoughts are generated from a changed heart. Here, Jesus will cover me with His Holy Spirit and keep me totally from the thought-arrows that the enemy will try to shoot into my mind. I learn to take ever thought captive and not allow any of my "old" thoughts to creep into my mind.

I love the last part of Psalm 23:5. My cup runs over. You need to realize that God is a "More-than" God. God is a "200%" kind of God. He does not give out in dribbles and drabs from His goodness or richness. He is an all or nothing kind of God. So when He pours into your life (your cup) it over flows and splashes on those around you. They are affected by the bounty of grace and mercy and love and compassion and about a billion other divine attributes that God brings to us. Is that cool or what? 

Ask God to give you a revelation of who Jesus is and who you are.
Then be prepared to be changed even more than you have been.
He's that kind of God................isn't He?

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...