Friday, November 1, 2013

The Future Is Just Around The Bend


Words to live by....
Don't just read them.....
Let them soak down inside of you....

John 14:1-4
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also my be where I am. You know the way to the place I am going.

In this life, we will have trouble. There will be times when we are very troubled because of event's, situations, or circumstances. Being the earthbound creatures that we are, we cannot (in our own power and effort) rise above the gravity of our sin nature. Jesus knows this, so He teaches us from His mind and His life, through the Holy Spirit who lives in us and empower us.

Think about this.....
We were never created to die. We were created to live in eternity and fellowship with God. Hard to wrap your head around that one isn't it? Especially living here on good ol' planet earth.

Life happens on this side of eternity.
It is filled with cancer and car wrecks. Divorce and death. Earthquakes and entertainment. Birth's and baptism's. Yet through all the darkness that covers this world shines the presence and person of Christ.
Like fireworks on the 4th, we see the power and purity of God exploding all around us and in us. We get to lay hold of the promises of God. That He is who He claims to be and will do what He said He would. 


Lay hold of Christ! Through this thing we refer to as life, in Him find the art of living. The simplest of instructions I ever received from Jesus was this..."Take my hand and follow me." Follow where ever it may take me. See this life all the way to the end and never let go of Jesus.

The verses in John 14 should be burned into our minds and spirits.
Jesus comforted His disciples with the HOPE of eternity. Such hope translates into my everyday life. I am empowered to not give up. I am strengthened to keep on keeping on. Such are the ways of the Kingdom of God.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...