Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Love Of God



Some days, I have trouble remembering.
"Where are my car keys?"
"Did I lock the front door?"
"What was the name of the girl that was in my Senior English Class?"
But there is one thing that I can never forget.
There is one thing that I will never forget.

The Love Of God!

Not just the idea or thought that God loves me.....
But the actual sensation that comes over me when I stop and really meditate on this relationship that He has initiated with me.

Me....
The mess.....
The Sinner....

The One whose heart is "prone to wander"...
God love me.


Him....
Creator of everything we can see, touch, taste, smell or hear.

The Everlasting One
The Eternal One...
The One whose heart is always to love me.
Does this mean that He is always pleased with me?
No...because sometimes I do really stupid stuff that He doesn't approve of.


His ultimate heart is to pull us all into relationship with Him.....pull us into His family.
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son that who so ever believes (trusts, clings, surrenders,) in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

Sometimes, I think I understand God's love.
I love my wife.
I love my sons and their wives..
I love my grand children.

But what I experience in these relationships pale in comparison to the love that God has for me.
My prayer is that I can fully understand and appreciate God's Love.

There is no addiction so strong, so deep and so powerful that God's love cannot reach out and strike it down.
There is no life so far gone in sin that God's redemption cannot lay hold of and bring back into His arms.
That is some kind of love....
May you find hope and comfort today in God's love.
And may you experience it....

God's love.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...