Friday, November 15, 2013

Useless Knowledge To Take Up Space In An Already Crowded Brain



12 Things You May Not Have Known About Me

1.) My hobby
I collect Comic Books. Preferably DC / Batman (early issues)
I do have a 1957 Action Comic featuring Superman. I think
this is my oldest comic in my collection. Why Batman? Because I always felt like he had to prove himself to everyone else. He couldn't fly. He didn't have any super-powers. But he was a detective...

2.) Phobia
 I have a fear of heights. May seem silly to some, but it is mine
I get air sick looking at airmail stamps.

Don't mind flying. That doesn't bother me.
Although I'm not to crazy about the announcement to

"Get on the plane"...me, I'd rather get IN the plane.

3.) Favorite Book of the Bible 
  Malachi why? Because of God's interaction making a statement against Israel then answering the question for them. Of course they don't see it the same way as God does. Plus it introduces John the Baptizer as the coming Messenger for the Messiah.
Plus Malachi keeps me focused on watching how I think and rationalize
when it comes to God. Stay humble, my friend, stay humble.

4.) Favorite Author 
Ray Bradbury. Tales of the October Country 
R is for Rocket,  S is for Space. The Martian Chronicles
Always been partial to Science Fiction especially from the 40's, 40's and 60's.

5.) Favorite food 
Hands down my wife's banana pudding. 
Better than any steak, lobster, and or meat dish of any shape
form or fashion.When it's my time to go, fill up my casket with her Banana pudding and put the biggest spoon you can find on my chest.

6.) What is one quirky thing about me. 
Well, it isn't Christmas at the Bynum
household until I have eaten a Tangerine. This goes way back to my
growing up years. Part of our Christmas was the fruit and various kinds of
nuts my dad would bring home.
Tangerines were so scarce and unusual that if we ever got any, they
were always the first eaten. So this has become kind of a tradition
in my family that "It isn't Christmas until Dad has eaten a tangerine."

7.) Favorite Bible Teacher  
George Creel. 
George was the very first man who truly opened the Bible up to
Vicki and me.
George was the pastor at Central United Methodist Church in Gadsden,
and we were under his teaching for 14 years. He truly made the
Bible come alive for us.

8.) Favorite Time of the year
 It isn't so much a season as it is an event.
Some time back, Vicki and I started giving a family vacation as our
Christmas present to the kids.
A whole week where clan Bynum gathers in Ft. Walton and just
loves on each other.
Time with the grand kids.
Great food.
Long conversations and games of Risk and Trivial Pursuit.
Much laughter and memories made.
Who could ask for more.....
Chad, Robin, Tyler and Ashley
Josh and Heather
Michael and Vicki
Clan Bynum

9.) Favorite Band
Procol Harum
Yes, I love the Beatles, and all the other groups from the 50's, 60's and 70's.

But Procol has been my go to group even up till today.

They are still playing, recording and touring around Europe and England.

"Your witness, my own hand".

10.) Christian Album's that influenced me:
How the West Was One (Phil Keaggy and 2nd Chapter of Acts)
Victim's of The Age /  One of the Dominoes  (Mark Heard)
Horrendous Disc / Alarma!  (Daniel Amos)
Another Shade Of Blue (Danny Daniels)
Never Looking Back (John Barnett)
The Lord's Supper (John Michael Talbot)
I guess I could do this list forever and a day

11.) Favorite smell or odor/  
Tie between WD/40 and Bacon Frying.
If someone could come up with a cologne that smelled like either of these...you'd be a rich person. Who wouldn't like to smell like bacon frying.

12.) What I wanted to be when I was a kid
I wanted to drive a city bus. I thought that had to have been the greatest job in the whole world. Sitting in that huge padded seat, gripping that steering wheel. The drivers of the city buses always had that little fan mounted up to their left that kept a cool breeze blowing all day. Man, that was the life---at least when I was a kid.

I was just feeling a little like having some fun this morning, hence the list.
Hope you didn't mind a little deviation from the usual fare here at the Greene Street Letters.
Thanks...
God on you....
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...