Monday, December 16, 2013

Be Strong In The Grace That Is In Christ Jes


II Timothy 2:1
You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

There is power in weakness.
There is the ability to overcome when we surrender.
God promises us:
"If we have died with Him, we shall live with Him. If we endure, we shall reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us. If we are faithless, He remains faithful. He cannot deny Himself."

All because of the grace given to us through Jesus.
Once again, my definition of graces is "The empowering presence of God in my life, that enables me to be who God has called me to be, and do what God has called me to do." There is the place I find strength to move forward daily....In the grace of Jesus Christ.

When the wheels come off of life, as they frequently do, I am strong, not of my own doing, but in Christ. When I feel like I can't go on...I lean wholly on that grace. When life seems to pile up around me, until I feel as though I will suffocate, I look to the grace of Christ in me to move forward. 


When I don't have answers to any of the problems that are surrounding me, I look to the grace of God to give me strength to not give up or turn away from God.


When my old ways return to my thoughts and knock at the door trying to get in, I look to the grace of Christ to help keep that door locked. To not give an invitation to entertain such thoughts, but lean on the grace of Christ.

Grace is more than a meal time blessing....
Grace is more than an excuse to sin......

Grace is a force...
Grace is a power...
Grace alone is found in Christ.

Maybe that is why John Newton called it "Amazing Grace".

Grace is the destroyer of sin.
Grace will not co-habitate with sin.


Hebrews 12:28
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom (rule and reign of God in our hearts) which cannot be shaken, let us have grace by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.

II Corinthians 12:9-10 (Message Bible)
"My grace is enough. It's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness." Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Not I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer. These limitations that cut me down to size---abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks, I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become."

Have you been trying to live life in your own strength?
Have you been trying to do this recovery thing by your own ability or wits?
It's time to turn loose and rest.
To simply "go with the flow" of following Christ.
Begin by reading the book of John.
Read it like it is a story...don't over read it or try to analyse every verse as if there is a hidden meaning. Let the verse speak to you, not you to the verse. Allow God room to tell you what you should know. Such will happen as you have thoughts and leading's as you read the verses. He may direct you to reference scriptures in other books. Learning to follow in the simplest of ways is where the Grace of God begins to grow in you.

It is, and will be, the greatest adventure you will ever take.

Merry Christmas From the "B's" In Attalla.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...