Monday, December 2, 2013

Blind Faith? No...Faith Has Vision To See.



John 3:8
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. SO it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

We are creatures with a need to know.
We don't like the unknown. We don't like not being able to see around the bend up ahead, or the corner that we come to.
Such behaviors as this find it hard to walk in faith.
To lay hold of the hand of God and say, "I trust You, Lord."
When the bank account is nearing zero and there's a lot of month left, we want to be able to know how we'll make it, or even if we will make it.
God says, Trust Me."

Now trust does not mean that money will appear magically or that a Brink's truck will have a wreck in your front yard and dump money on your lawn.
Trust means that we look beyond what we see and focus on Who God is.


The one thing Vicki and I have found to be true over the past 20 years....
God is trustworthy.

There have been plenty of times when we have gone to bed facing a situation, no answers for a solution, but simply believing that God is who He claims to be and will do what He claims He will do.  He has proven Himself faithful in our lives. You see, I really believe this is the heart of God. He wants to prove Himself or reveal Himself to each of us. But we have trouble with the trust and faith stuff, to the point that we cancel Him out and are left to our own devices. Which, by the way, aren't very good.

The one thing I think we are called to proclaim in our Saturday night meeting, Vineyard Recovery, is that God is faithful. Jesus is that Power and that missing piece in our lives that will enable us to navigate through all the destruction. 

That means that a lot of the time we don't have answers or solutions.
We simply have God.

Addiction creates a false reality in our lives.
The idea that we can "think" our way out of anything.
We become master manipulators.
We become slicker than boiled okra when it comes to getting what we want.
We become masterminds that are smarter than anyone else we run into.

Yet the evidence around us reveals that we are totally messed up.
We have lived our lives by our own wits and the end result is that we wind up in jail, prison or institution. Possibly death as many have found out the hard way.
God comes along and says, "Surrender......give up.........aren't you tired of this way of life? Come with me and I'll teach you how to walk a steady pace in faith."

I don't know what today has in store for me.
I don't even know if I'll be here at the end of this day.
But I have found someone who is worthy to lay hold of with my heart, my mind, my soul and my entire being. That would be Jesus.

I trust Him.

Merry Christmas from the "B's" in Attalla.
God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...