Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thoughts From Lamentations


It's the time of year when we all want that perfect Christmas. After all, every advertisement on television screams that this is how it's suppose to be when you celebrate Christmas.

Perfect outfit...
Perfect haircut or "do"...

Perfectly decorated rooms and tables, not to mention the tree.
Perfect children dressed perfectly.

And happy perfect couples....
Too bad that life doesn't mimic the ads.


I have found myself in Lamentations off an on this year.
Great hope in the middle of great darkness.
And might I add that the darkness that is being experienced was brought on by the beliefs and actions of the ones who were going through this hard time.
They had brought it on themselves.
But even in the midst of all of this, there was hope.

So, on this 19th day of December, in the year of our Lord 2013, here are some words from the book of Lamentations, Chapter 3.

I'll never forget the trouble, the utter lostness, the taste of ashes, the poison I've swallowed.
I remember it all----oh, how well I remember the feeling of hitting the bottom.
But there's on other thing I remember, and remembering, I keep a grip on hope.

God's loyal love couldn't have run out.
His merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning.

How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left.

God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks.

It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God.
It's a good thing when you're young to stick it out through the hard times.


When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence.

Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions; wait for hope to appear.
Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face.

The "worst" is never the worst!"
Why? Because the Master won't ever walk out and fail to return.

If you are struggling today, know that there isn't a magic formula to make it all disappear. There aren't any magical wizard words that can spouted to make the elements do what you want them to do.
But there is a God who hears the cries of His people, His creation, who is ready and able to work in them, from them, and to them.

Why not let down your guard and let Him.

Merry Christmas from the "B's" in Attalla.
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...