Monday, January 27, 2014

Bible




Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet...
and a light to my path.....


How quick we forget......
How blase' we become about things other people live and die for.
Oh God, forgive me for taking for granted what you have blessed me with, that others around the world hunger for, pray for, cry out for. May I never take you for granted.
Charlotte Beaube posted this video yesterday on Facebook, and Vicki told me that I should watch it. I did.
The response of these young people in China, receiving their first Bible overwhelmed me. I sat at my computer, crying over what I was seeing.
Taking a Bible and clutching it to their faces....it shamed me and the way I act sometimes toward the things of God.
I have at least 10 different versions of the Scripture, and I think nothing about going into my office to get one to use in preparation of a message. Yet on this video, these young people are weeping over this one copy of the Scriptures that is now their own. 

I never want to take God, or the things of God for granted.
I want to appreciate the freedom I have to go on Saturday nights and oversee a gathering of people to worship and praise God.
To do so without fear or persecution.

Father, 

I thank you for the lesson that was brought home to me through the video of these young believers. I thank you that you reached out and broke through my complacency and apathy to awaken an appreciation for what I have been blessed with.

Lord,
I ask that you grant my brothers and sisters in China great grace today. To live for you in a land where it could cost them their freedom and their very lives. I thank you for the body of Christ in China, that you would teach us a lesson through their boldness for your Kingdom.
In Jesus name....
Amen....

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...