Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Nothing But Love


One of those mornings....
I sit here at this keyboard, staring at the screen, thinking to myself, "Come on, God! If you want me to write today, then you've got to give me something." Trouble is, in my mind, there is a subtle thought that runs back and forth. I know it is my flesh and really not from God. The thought whispers to me, "You've got to be witty today. You've got to come up with something new....something that will make everyone think you're some kind of genius-super-writer-wanna-be."  I know that thought isn't from God, or even something that I aspire to be. I tend to have a realistic view of who I am in the scheme of things, and what I am suppose to be doing. To jump over the fence and run around outside the boundaries of where God has me would be wrong in a dozen different countries, not to mention Attalla.

I guess I could write something profound like "God loves you!" But you know that don't you.
But this knowledge and understanding of the fact that God loves you, is it a real knowing or is it merely another bit of information you've picked up along the way? Do you feel His love from time to time? I think the profound part in this "God loves me" thought, is the simple fact that He loves me. Me! The messed up me. The me who breaks things... looses things...says the wrong thing...does the wrong thing...this perfect, eternal God looks at me and proclaims, "I love you!" Now to tell you the truth, I do have trouble wrapping my head around that one. Yet I am learning that this is part of God's nature....to love His creation. To love it so much that He was not going to sit idly by and watch the devil and his cronies disrupt and destroy everything.  

Don't you find it a bit odd that God took on a human body and came down and walked among this fallen world? A world under the rule and domination of the devil. That for 30 years, Jesus lived as one of us. He got up every morning, ate breakfast and then went to work. What must it have been like to be working in His father's carpentry shop, watching a funeral go by. Family grieving over the death of their loved one, and all the while there was Jesus who had the power to bring that loved one back to life. Only it was time for Him to reveal Himself and begin the work that He was sent to complete. I think that this is were the love of God was defined and strengthened. Living among us. Seeing the suffering and the wrong done by fellow human beings. Jesus saw for Himself the extent of the sin/darkness that came in through the woman and the man in the garden of Eden. You see, sin does not have a status quo...when one begins to sin, it doesn't remain at a constant level. Sin grows and multiples as our heart grows darker and darker, and we move farther and farther away from God (Or at least in our own minds we think we are hiding from Him).  Yet with every sin we commit, the love of God only reaches out to us more and more to awaken us to the dreadful fact of what we are doing, and to bring us back into relationship with God. 

That is love.
That is real love...
That is God's love....

Have you tasted it today?
Have you experienced it today?

God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...