Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Ramblings



Well, well, well! The old weather prognosticators missed it, didn't they?
My yard and street is covered with "light dusting's" of the white stuff.
We slept in a little later this morning.
First cup of coffee has been polished off. Vicki and I had our quiet time together. Every time I look at that woman, I know that there is a God. Why? Because for the majority of our marriage, she was not a morning person. She had to be out the door headed to work by 7:15 a.m.. She would sleep till 7 a.m. /  be up / hair washed, dried, make up on and out the door right at 7:15 a.m.  But then a little over three years ago, she told me that she felt like God was telling her to get up early and be with Him. So we started to get up at 5:30 a.m. and give that time to God. Now it is the highlight of our day.

What do I know this morning? Well, I know that Jeremiah and Carrie are probably a lot warmer than most folks are this morning. They flew out early Tuesday morning on a mission trip to Haiti. God's protection and mercy be over them as they make their way around that country, loving and caring for the kids.

Seth Barber will be coming this weekend to speak to Vineyard Recovery. I have watched God stretch Seth and grow him over the past 11 years. When it all started, I don't think Seth would have believed how far God has taken him and what He has accomplished through him. Has it been an easy journey? No. But Seth has remained faithful every step of the way and, most importantly, he has been very teachable. To me that is the hallmark trait that every believer needs. The ability to be teachable. To learn from our mistakes and then never repeat them again. If you're free this Saturday night, join us to hear Seth. Meeting starts at 7 p.m. I'm anxious to see what God is going to do. That anxiousness if not about seeing others touched by God, but about my own heart. What will you reveal to me about myself this week, Lord?

I guessed we will hunker down today and stay home. Roads are pretty much impassable. There will naps-in-Jesus-name today. I'll spend some time writing in my journal. Might even squeeze in a movie this afternoon. All in all, I'm grateful for a warm place....hot food...and the company of my wife. Did I mention that I love her? Well, I do.

I know that today's posting hasn't been very "spiritual", but I figure if you have to force it into the spiritual mold, then it really wasn't that spiritual to start with, was it? I guess the main thing is that today's posting is about gratitude for the life that God has allowed me to live. That here at this point in my life, I truly realize how blessed I am. 

You know, I think I'll fix me some Cream of Wheat for breakfast....
I know that Quaker oats are a "love pat for your tummy".....
But Cream of Wheat is "Goes down warm and makes you want to melt" kind of food.


Until tomorrow...
Stay warm...
Stay close....


God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...