Friday, February 14, 2014

His Strong Hands Of Love


I Corinthians 13:10
But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away with.

Valentines day...
Heart shaped boxes of candy will fly off the shelves of stores every where.
Roses and balloons will be snatched up as a show of affection toward a girlfriend or wife.
Cards will be signed and sealed in envelopes in order to show how much love is fostered between two people.
And yet, every one of these acts pale in comparison to the gift that was given to mankind by Jesus.
Did you ever wonder why red seems to be the official color of Valentine's Day?
Could it be that the blood of Jesus was the ultimate love gift?
That instead of a heart shaped box, Jesus gave His heart to a world that despised Him and hated Him.
Each blow that reigned down on His body from Roman whip was done so in hatred. But He received each blow because of love.Maybe that is why in I Corinthians 13 it states that Love suffers long. 
Love is not to be confused with meekness or gentleness...those are separate and actually act in accordance with love. To love as Christ does demands a strength that is not found on this planet. It can only come from a divine source. It is not dictated to by the morals of a society gone corrupt. It cannot be tainted by sin or easily taken for granted.

Real love...
God love....
That is what I more than anything. Not so I can horde it, or flaunt it like some cheap medal. But so I can see the world as my heavenly Father sees it. To have my heart break for the things that break His heart. To love with a love that can't be defined by words, yet is as real as anything we've ever seen or experienced.
I want to sing and dance under the strong hand of love that my Father has.
May the love of God flood over you this day....
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...