Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I'm Just Crazy Enough To Believe It




John 17:16
They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world.

John 15:18-19
If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

The world?
The system and influence that permeates the way society does business.

It is run by the Kingdom of darkness. We are no longer a part such. We are like the slaves Moses brought out of Egypt. God took them into the wilderness to teach them a new way of living. 

So why should we surprised when we are attacked for who we believe in?
Why should it take us back when we are slandered and treated badly because of the choice we have made to follow Jesus.

There is a price to pay when one makes this decision to turn will and life over to His care.
Sometimes even family doesn't understand why we made this decision. They will look at us like we are some kind of freak show oddity.
"Oh, you went got religion!" Heaven help me should I ever "Get" religion. NO! I got Jesus and He got me. Simple as that. I'm not referring, when I say He got me and I got Him, to a casual, go-to-church, do  nothing else form of believer. I'm talking about that person who has been turned inside out for Jesus. Their entire world has been rocked and re-rocked and they have Jesus on the brain. They think about Him all the time. They can't wait to go and hang out with others who have also been rocked by Him.

Such people usually have the moniker of "Holy Joe" or "Holy Roller" attached to their behavior. Attached by those who are clueless to who this Jesus is. How are suppose to respond to such behavior? We love 'em! We bless 'em! We pray for them! We don't let is stop us. We keep on keepin' on with Jesus.

May you find that kind of fire this morning.
May you have a burning desire to simply be with Him this day.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...