Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Vibe


I went last night to the Vibe-nation.
I went last night and felt the passion and heart of the Vibe-ration.
I saw the church in action last night.
Oh, the package was different, but the message was as old as time itself.
Just Jesus!


Lights...
Strobes....

Smoke....
Music that you felt....
Movement.....
Dancing......
And in the middle of it all, binding it together for the Kingdom....
Jesus.

I watched a young man that I met years ago, leading this group.
He is one who encourages...
He is a new voice that is filled and empowered by God's Spirit.
His passion is that no one is left behind in this journey. That all who come would run into the Jesus that changed his life.
Take him outside the setting of his church, and he is insecure and somewhat taken aback by the fact that God has chose him to lead this group.
But let the clock strike seven, the music pouring forth from the speakers and he turns into a man who carries the anointing of God and the mantle to reach this generation for the kingdom. He isn't content just to see people saved...He wants them to go all the way with Jesus. He wants disciples that will go out and take back those who are trapped in the darkness and prison of sin.

Some who are my age would be offended by this type of church.
I wept.

I sat there with tears in my eyes, thanking God for this group.
These kids don't want to just talk about God....
They don't just want to hear about God....
They want to taste God...
They want to be washed in His presence...

Don't get me wrong. They hear the word. They are encouraged to devour the Bible for themselves. But it is the simple act of coming together to worship and experience the presence of God that burns on the heart of this generation.

I spent most of the day asking God, "What could I possibly say to them?"
As I took the stage last night, it became very clear what was to happen.
I wasn't suppose to preach to them....
I wasn't suppose to teach at them....
I was there to honor them. To honor this next generation who was taking up the torch of being the church.

Oh, I shared stories of God's desire for us all to come to a saving knowledge of Him.
I shared how God asked three questions in scripture that still applies today.
And then we invited God's Holy Spirit to come and minister to us all.
We saw depression and hopelessness broken off of several who were there.
I watched as the love of God fell in that room and people began to weep. Weeping because their own earthly parents had never affirmed them. Never put their arms around them and told them that they were loved. But last night, God the Father came and loved on His children.
I left the Vibe last night encouraged.
God bless you, Garrett!

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...