Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Forever Young




Job 42:17
So Job died old and full of days.....

More than the sum total of our days here on planet earth....
More than a state of mind....

More than how you feel.....
It's what you make of it.
To be forever young......
What did you do with the time God granted you?
What will you do with this day?

Will you spend it looking backwards at what might of been?
Will you spend it drowning in self pity and shame and guilt over what has already happened?

Or will you go through this day looking beyond the moment?
Trying to catch a glimpse of what lies around the bend, or over the next hill?
All the while missing the moments that are surrounding you.
Missing conversations and hugs...

Kisses and handshakes....
Words of encouragement and even direction from God Himself.
Will you be the ultimate planner and schemer only to find out that your plans have been thwarted by something you didn't see today?
Such a mindset will never rest in being "Forever Young".

I want to be "Forever Young".
You see, such a thing as being forever young isn't measured by the sum of your days or the mindset you possess. It is a simple concept of gratitude and appreciation for each day God grants you. It is the giving of yourself to that day to be used by God as He sees fit.
Forever young is a gift that God grants to those whose hearts are totally committed to Him.
Forever young isn't squandered on dreamers or schemers.
Forever young isn't sold like cheap ware at a flea market.
Forever young is a treasure held dear by God and granted to those He trusts.

Forever young is living each day.......each moment with God. 
Forever young is found in relationship with my creator.
I want to be forever young.

Forever young isn't a pie-in-the-sky-Pollyanna view of life. I
Forever young recognizes the pitfalls and dark days that come in and out of our lives like refuse that is watched to the shore by the tide.
Forever young doesn't shrink from trouble but rather turns its face into the wind and moves forward with an assurance that God, our Father, has our hand.
You see, I love the verse from Job. Job died full of days....
He'd seen the best life had to offer....
And he'd seen the worst....
But Job knew God and had been brought through it all.

I want to be full of days when it is my time to die.
I want to have said all that needed to be said.
I want to have loved everyone that needed to be loved.
I do not want to leave this old world full of regrets.....

or bitter over the way my life turned out.
Why?
Because my God has taught me the value of being "Forever Young".


God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...