Thursday, March 13, 2014

Night Of The Angels


Psalm 91:11
For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.

Sometimes, in this crazy world, God will peel back the fabric that separates the natural from the spiritual and give us a glimpse into the reality of what is really going on.
Tuesday night was such a night.

I left Rapha around 9 p.m., headed into to town to clean the office. Been doing this (cleaning this office)for 23 years and have discovered that time sure goes a lot quicker if I have something to listen to. Shortly before heading out, I loaded up my mp3 player with some teachings from various folks. One, in particular, was a message by Larry Randolph that I had owned for some time, but for what ever reason, had never got around to listening to it. It was from 1999 and was entitled "The Coming Visitation." 

As I started the message, there was nothing in particular that jumped out at me as if to say, "Hey! Pay attention...this is important." In fact, in my mind, I was thinking "what could a message from 1999 do for me here in 2014?" Little did I know.

Larry went through his teaching, laying out different prophetic views and pronouncements concerning the coming of the year 2000. He specifically hit home on the point of angelic interaction, that we would see an increase in such. I thought to myself, "Yes! I need this"
You see, all through out our marriage, and especially over the last 25 years, my wife has seen angles at various times. She has seen them in our yard. She has seen them in our bedroom. She has seen them as we were driving. It isn't like it is a continual thing, but from time to time they have appeared to her. I am not as fortunate, but when such an event does occur, I am very much aware of the spiritual atmosphere in the room. For me, I have had only one encounter with angels. It happened on August 14, 1999-- at the church one Saturday night, as a group of us gathered to pray. The angel appeared at the front door of the church and blew a shophar (ram's horn). I wrote all of this to lay out some ground work for our history of angelic visitation. But over the past 10 years, we haven't had any visitation. Zero....bupkus....zilch!

As I listened to Larry's message, I became very much aware of the absence of the visitations. I felt stirred to begin to pray. "Lord! We welcome you into our home. If we have offended in any way...if there be any hidden sin in us, forgive us. Come and take up residence in our home. Make it a holy place by your presence. Loose Your angels to cover our property."  I finished up my chores and headed for home.

As I entered the house and began emptying my pockets of keys, phone, change and etc....
I went into our bedroom to let Vicki know I was home. She woke up enough to tell me that angels were in our house. Our house is an old house and it has the usual creaks and groan's that accompany such a structure. As Vicki was drifting off to sleep, she kept hearing noises as if someone was walking down the hall. As fear tried to come upon her, she prayed. Opening her eyes, she said the room was filled with angels. She knew that she had nothing to fear, as the angels had appeared to stand guard over her. Why now? Why this time after all these years? I do not have an answer other than because we both prayed, asking our Father for protection. The reason they came really isn't important. The fact they showed up and took up positions around our home and bedroom shows me the love and concern God has for us. Filled with the knowledge and assurance that God was watching over her, Vicki closed her eyes and filled with the filled with God's peace drifted off to sleep. 

I just find it strange ( if you are trying to analyze this with the natural mind) that on the very night I prayed for the presence of God to make our home a holy place and for His angelic hosts to come and stand guard over us, my wife is also praying the same thing. God honored our prayers. Please don't misunderstand anything I have written. I am not advocating a worship of angels or that they somehow have replaced the person of Jesus. They are simply God's messengers sent to minister to us. What an incredible gift from a Father who loves His children. 

God on you....
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...