Sunday, April 13, 2014

It Was A Family Reunion



Psalm 133:1
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

Last night's celebration of Vineyard Recovery Church was about family.
Family that had been coming to the meetings for the past year.
Family that had only been coming a few weeks....
And family that was there last night for the first time.
Family.

We shared a meal together.....
Much laughter and talk.
People sitting together getting to know one another.
I think the most wonderful part about last night was watching the faces of the ones who came through the door because we didn't announce that we were having a meal together. It totally caught everyone off guard.
Many thanks to the core group of VRC for pulling this off.
The food, the dessert, drinks all made for an evening of celebration.

I spoke on what has transpired over the past year, as God has built this meeting.
Shared some of the prophetic words and events that happened prior to my saying, "Yes! I'll return to the Vineyard and start a recovery church."
We opened the floor up for anyone to share about their experiences of being a part of family on Saturday nights.
One young man, only his 2nd week to attend VRC, said that it was the first place he ever felt accepted in. That no one was looking at him or judging him for his past. He went on to share that last Saturday was his first time at VRC and the meeting was all he could think about during the week. He said, "I thought this Saturday would never get here. It was like being a little kid waiting on Christmas."   Many others shared the same sentiment about feeling accepted and loved. 

Over the past few weeks, something wonderful has happened in our worship time. Everyone has begun to enter into worship. It's more than singing...it's a giving of the heart during the worship time. A focusing on Christ and just kind of pouring out a big ol' "Thank You Jesus for what you've done in me, to me and through me."  That has been neat to watch come to pass, and I'm excited about where this might be going. More of God isn't a bad thing.......is it? I think not.

This was our 2nd week to close with a benediction song.....
Last week it was "Can't You See"  by Marshall Tucker Band. We took the song and rewrote it reflect a cry of "Can't you see what this Jesus had done to me!"
Last night it was "Jesus Loves You" by Ed Ratezloff. Great song to close the evening.

Once again....
after it was all over and I'm locking the door, I look back into that room feeling a bit overwhelmed by what has just transpired during the evening. "Wow, God! You did good! How are you going to top this?"
And you know what?
He will.


God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...