Friday, April 4, 2014

It Was A Thursday Night



(Last night's entry into my journal)

7:41 p.m.
It as been a long day and I am weary. I have one last class to tech @ 8 p.m. and I am taking nothing for granted. Now is no time to coast or go through the motions to simply leave and go home.
God has brought me this far today and has given me great grace to see it through.

"Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing" is playing on my stereo.
Oh God, that is me....
"Prone to wander, Lord I feel it."
"Prone to leave the God I love."

This knowing of what lies dark inside me keeps me close to the cross and to Jesus. 

"O to grace how great a debtor, daily I'm constrained to be."
It is the grace of God....
The empowering presence of God in my life that enables me to be who God created me to be, and to do what He has called me to do...

Such is what brought me to Him.
IT was the grace of God that grabbed my heart and, with much love, made me see the extent of my sin. The extent that hell was my reward if I continued on the path I was on. Love that whispered to me "It doesn't have to be this way."
Oh God, I owe You everything. I am nothing without You


My heart is full when I think on Your love.
So great that it is beyond my comprehension.
That You would love me into Your family despite my sin (Which you cancelled at the cross).
What love is this? What manner of love burns white hot for those who don't even recognize it much less acknowledge it? Love that cannot be stopped by rejection, but continues the pursue us no matter how far we run. 
Perfect love...
Pure love....


More of You in me, Lord. More of You and less of me. Lord, if it be possible, kill me even more to rid myself of that which comes to draw me away from You. That I might in new ways to Your call. Let it be so. Part the heavens and come down and take me....I cannot survive without you. 

Marie Barnett spoke what should be on every believer's heart...
"You are the air I breathe"....."You are my daily bread".....And I....I'm desperate for You."
May I be lost in You. May I not live to satisfy any selfish desire or motive. But may I give away daily that which You have given to me.

Keep me near Your cross, and any glory that may be given to me...let it only be placed at your feet. Tonight, my body is weary and my brain tired, but I am refreshed by Your Spirit.

At the Bible study that followed this entry, God came.
There were only 4 who attended but there was such an awareness of His presence that, for the most part, we simply laid in the floor worshiping and praying. One who attended was healed from emotional pain. One rededicated his life to Christ. We all went away knowing that we had been in the presence of God.
It was a good night.

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...