Thursday, April 17, 2014

It's All About Those Spontaneous Moments




Scheduled to speak....
And nothing to say....
I'd been in prayer for the past two days after receiving an invitation, but there was nothing rising up that would lead me to a message.
Had I missed it?
Was I  not suppose to go?
No...I knew I was suppose to be there.

It was going to be one of those times where the message would probably come at the last minute.
So my job was to not be anxious and fearful, but prayerfully wait for God to speak.

Arriving a few minutes early, I sat in the sanctuary as the worship team practiced.
"Holy And Anointed One" written by John Barnett was the first song....
Hmmm....a Vineyard Song.....
"Fall On Your Mercy"....another Vineyard song....
Had I wandered into another Vineyard church and I just didn't know it....

The last song was the message....
"Breathe" by Marie Barnett.

Both John and Marie had been a part of a worship conference that was held at Gadsden Vineyard Church last year. It was the most incredible weekend I'd had in a long time as I sat and worshiped under their music. But the part that caught me, was that the song "Breathe" was actually a prophetic song that Marie sang during a practice time. It wasn't planned...she didn't sit down and try to write a song....this song just rose up from within her and became one of the most recorded worship songs ever.

This is the air I breathe.....and I am desperate for You.

So as I sat there listening to the worship team go through the song, God spoke to me about the times when things come spontaneously. Songs and messages just seem to rise up from within and almost catch you off guard. They may not sound polished or refined, but they carry the fire and weight of the Holy Spirit. They carry power to strike the hearts of those who are listening.
Such was the message for last night. Spontaneously given to me by the Holy Spirit.
It was about the cross of Christ....
The love that it took for Him to stretch himself out on that rough wood and allow mortal men to nail his flesh to it. Love....real love....

As we finished up and moved into a prayer time, one young lady could not wait any longer.
She jumped up and hurried to the front. Falling on her face, she began to weep. Not cry...weep...long, deep sobs. This love I had talked about....this love of God, had touched her and she was undone. She was ready to meet this Jesus she'd heard about.

I don't know what she was expecting when she came to the meeting last night. I don't even know why she was there. But I know that she left it a lot different and changed. I know she left with a new heart and a new beginning. I know that she left as a daughter of the Most High God. 
It was a good evening....

God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...