Monday, April 28, 2014

Weekend Recap


Psalm 63:3
Because You loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You!

(photo was sent to me by Sam Colegrove at the first meeting of VRC)

Such a wonderful weekend.
The memories are still fresh here on this Monday morning.
The dedication of Ava Stubbs Saturday night. 
Friends and family all in attendance. Prayer over the parents for wisdom on how to raise her and teach her about God.
Very tender time. As I held Ava and began to pray over her, she played with my beard. She got a little fussy but that's o.k.

Baptized three: Matt, Phillip and Dawson.
New life coming up out of that water. New hearts searching for answers to the questions they have concerning this new way of living. I assured them that it truly was all about living "one day at a time". Once the baptism was over, these three new "babes" took their first communion. 

Carrie and Jeremiah were fresh back from their trip to Uganda with a missionary team. Many stories about their time there. Blessing on them both as they get their legs back under them and catch up on their rest.

Our worship continues to grow as people find freedom in joining in. The presence of God, on Saturday night, grows thicker and thicker with each passing meeting. Now of course when I speak of the presence of God, what I'm saying is that we are becoming more and more aware of Him. It's almost as though the veil between the natural world we live in and the spiritual world that we can't see becomes thinner and the two seem to overlap.

The "after-meeting" once VRC was over was especially good.
My wife got some good instruction on how to deal with someone who is still struggling with addiction. So please be in prayer for her as she talks with this person, that God would not only give her the words to say, but that His Holy Spirit would come down and bring conviction, not condemnation.


Got a last minute phone call asking me if I could teach at Duck Springs Baptist Church yesterday. I was happy to oblige. It's really kind of funny. Since my church meets on Saturday night, I'm probably the only pastor that doesn't have anywhere to go on Sunday's, so I'm available to help out those who run into last minute snags and problems. For that reason, when it comes to messages, "I keep one in the chamber at all times."
So to Duck Springs I went. Always a pleasure to be with those folks. Small country church that is growing. Lot's of folks and lot's of love in that building yesterday. I'm going to take a page from John Wimber's book if you don't mind. Traveling around visiting other churches with Peter Waggner, Peter would always tell John, "You know, if I lived here I would be a member of this church." That's the way I feel about Duck Springs. I would be a member of this church.

Dinner with the family. Time with the grand kids talking about our upcoming family vacation to Florida. It has become the highlight of the year as the Bynum clan gathers for seven days together. I like to think of it as a memory maker. 

So here on Monday morning, with a completely new week stretching out ahead, I look to God for guidance, mercy and grace to simply walk it out.
May I not say anything that you have not given me to say.

May I not go anywhere you are not leading me to.
May I not give ground to sin or the enemy.


God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...