Monday, May 19, 2014

He Is Right There


Matthew 28:20
.......And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.

I don't understand how Jesus can pull this off.
I've heard all the words describing Him before.
He's God!
He's omnipotent!
He's omnipresent!

He is all around us.
O.k.,  get that.
But how can he be every where, and yet, at the same time, be a presence ....a personal presence in my own life.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, "How can Jesus take a personal interest in what is going on in my corner of the world when the entire planet seems to be crumbling?"
The answer (and you may not like it) is.......
Because He is Jesus.

So much is wrapped up in His name. It defines His character. It reveals His heart. It supports His vision and plans. It has power to save. It brings healing to those who need it. It comforts those who have been abandoned and left behind. It enfolds those who stand on the outside. The simple name of Jesus.

It is a hated name by those who are in darkness. They wish not to have that name spoken to them or at them.
I have seen people who are dying of addiction rail and curse the very name that could bring them life. 

The name of Jesus has become a curse word. Funny...reckon why people don't use Buddha or Mohammad as curse words? Why Jesus? Because it is a Holy name ascribed to one who gave His very life and blood so that we all may enter into relationship with God. 

I have seen religious folk trample the holiness of His name by their inserting their own "holiness" (or at least what they perceived to be holiness) to measure others by.
Exodus 20:2 reads: You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain......

We tend to the think that "taking the Lord's Name in vain" consists of saying it and then adding curse afterwards. To me the more offensive act of taking the Lord's name in vain is claiming to be something that your not. Claiming to be a follower of Jesus, but your very life does not reflect it.

You see, the character and integrity of Jesus is at stake here.
If He claims He will do something, then you can pretty much take it to the bank He will.
Just like the verse from Matthew 28....
His own words-----"I will be with you always".
He will never be absent from our lives.
Even when we sin and turn from Him. When the power of sin takes our eyes off of Him and we look to our own desires and wants, He is there.
He is there reminding us that we need only turn, confess and repent.
Step #3 reminds us that we turn will and life over to the care of God as we understand Him. He holds no grudges against those who do such. He willingly receives those who are tired of being tired. Receiving those who are sick of being sick. 

So don't fall prey to the oldest lie in the world.
"Jesus doesn't care about you! He only wants to punish you."

Not so.
Jesus loves me.......this I know......for the Bible (and His Holy Spirit) tells me so.
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...