Thursday, May 29, 2014

Living Sacrifices Worship Conference


I am so excited about this upcoming event at Gadsden Vineyard Church. If you remember, last year GVC hosted the first Living Sacrifices Worship Conference. We had John and Marie Barnett /  Danny Daniels /  Chris Lizotte coming to share and lead worship. The entire weekend had a major impact on my life, and it was like being restored and brought back to life as I attended each session. One of the reasons it was so special to me, was that these people are a part of our heritage as a movement. They were with John Wimber when the Vineyard first started, so they have a perspective on our association of churches that only time can provide. 

This year, Todd and LeNola Bagley, organizers of the conference, have out done themselves. Carl Tuttle and John Barnett will come and be with us June 12th through 14th. You may be thinking, "Well, I'm not a part of the Vineyard, why would I possibly want to go?" Because I promise you...you will be blessed. Every denomination or association of churches have a single focus that defines who they are as a group. The Southern Baptist is defined by their fire for the great commission. Presbyterians are defined by their love for the Word of God and seeing it taught among their communities. Vineyard has been defined by worship. We feel like worship is the very reason God created us, because worship, or love of God, is at the very center and core of salvation and relationship with Him. I was born to worship. My life is worship. Everything I say or do should come from a heart that has fallen in love with God and desires nothing more than to please Him.  

Carl and John both are responsible for writing  a number of our early Vineyard worship songs. These songs have become a part of our "hymnal" and still have God's favor on them. 

There is a charge to the event, but it has been kept as minimal as possible,so we can take care of Carl's and John's expenses for coming and spending this time with us. I heard so many stories from those who missed last years conference, about how they wished they had of come to it. Well, here's your chance. You are not going to want to miss this one.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...