Tuesday, July 8, 2014

What I Believe


What do I know?
Probably could fit it in a thimble..
the vast sum of my understanding is not as vast as it could be.
I have seen many things that I could not explain.
My head could not partial it out into pieces that made sense,
but my heart screamed loudest with "It's God!!"

How do you explain little babies with severe kidney problems and a future
that involves either transplant or dialysis one day....
people gather to pray for this baby...
then the next day, she no longer has any of those problems.
Is this truly the work of God?
My brain goes into overtime trying to sort out the puzzle pieces...
My heart quietly assures me that I have witnessed what some would call a miracle.

How do you explain a man who has a brain tumor prepping for surgery.
He has been scanned, poked, prodded, MRI-ed, and every other test
you could imagine.
Doctor's tell him that he is going to die if he doesn't have the surgery.
But if he does go through with surgery, the odds of his survival is 10%
Yet, just hours before he is to go into the operating room, the doctor's can't find any trace of the tumor.
How do you explain that? 
What happened you ask?
Well, on the evening before he was to leave to travel to Atlanta for the operation, the man stops by church, comes in during the middle of the
meeting and shares his story.
The meeting ends and turns into a prayer session for this man.
People, once again, gather around to pray.
Did God actually hear our prayers and heal this man.
My brain tells me that the doctors had made a mistake.
That, in fact, there never was a tumor.
My heart is flooded with the truth that God has heard our prayers and
healing has been afforded this man.

How do you explain backs that are healed....
Insomnia that is cured....
Muscles that are freed from excruciating pain.
How you explain the restoration of short term memory for
someone who is coming out of their addiction.
What about tear ducts that were not working properly, suddenly gushing and
over flowing with tears, after someone prayed for healing?
The old brain continues to war against the heart.
The brains can come up with a billion reasons why it's not God.
The heart counters every reason with the steadfast truth that
God is still in the healing business.

You will never convince me otherwise.
If you think me the fool...
Then label me a fool for Jesus....
By the way..
Whose fool are you?

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...