Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Little Wisdom From Frog Eye, Alabama


Mark Cotney...
What can I say about this man except that I love him.

I am proud to call him not only my friend, but also my brother in Christ.
Living sober has given Mark an incredible gift. He is common sense on two legs. He sees life and all its struggles as opportunities to grow in our trust of God.

Mark posted this on his facebook page yesterday, and it spoke to me and thought it appropriate to re-post here at the Greene Street Letters.

The death of Robbin Williams sparked a nation wide debate of what if's on all the news shows that I have been watching. On all of them I hear a separation of two word's--addiction  & alcoholism .

 in my belief system they are the same or at least have the same end, Death. As a over comer myself of just a little over 6 years, ( 6 years 74 day's ) I know that I still get every day 1 day at a time. I have yet to hear any one person give God any credit of any kind. In my belief system God is the only way to have any chance at all. Earlier I said  addiction & alcoholism are the same or at least have the same end Death. 

God gives me the choice of how it will end one of two way's, I can let it (addiction)carry me to the grave or I can Make the choice to carry it (addiction) to the Grave. God is the only HOPE. Please share this if you know someone that suffers from addiction God is the only one that can help both the Family's &  the Victim's.

Well said Mark....
Well said....


God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...