Wednesday, August 20, 2014

He Divides Light From Dark


Psalm 139:12
Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from you.......

God is in the exposing business......
This doesn't sound to good, especially if you are the expose-ee.

Having your deeds and your heart exposed is not something we all enjoy, but we should see such an act as God sees it.
He works this way in our lives because He has such a great love for us.
A love that sees the danger we can't see, or does not want to see, that will lead to an even greater level of destruction. Because of this great love, He will come and expose us so that we can see ourselves and turn to Him for forgiveness and restoration.

No matter what you've heard...
No matter what you may thing...
God's heart is for you to move beyond any addiction that may be dragging you down.

God loves you.
God loves you.
God loves you.

Get it?

In other words, God wants us to dwell in a land (lifestyle) of rigorous honesty.
This is the seed bed from which recovery can take place. When we develop the heart-set and mind-set that living in honesty is the way to actually have a life. To be free from the things that we hide in our heart, our secrets, and not have to worry about being caught.

Rigorous honesty....
Rigorous transparency....

Rigorous truth.....
I know these terms don't sound very loving or something you'd want to embrace, especially if you're new to recovery. But believe me when I say that such is the way to a completely new way of living.

Genesis 1:4 reads .....and God divided the light from the darkness.
Even those this was a natural event in creation, it points to, and is a symbol of the work that takes place in our hearts as we cooperate with God's Holy Spirit work. God is always about the business of dividing and removing any darkness from our hearts. He uncovers our dark motives and intents and then gives us an opportunity to surrender them and receive healing. When I hang on to those motives and intentions, I give the devil a foothold into my life. The motives and intentions move toward becoming secrets I try to keep from those around me. Such secrets turn into lies and half truths. They multiple and fester inside and begin to be the fuel that drives me deeper into darkness. So when God shines the light of His Holy Spirit into our hearts, we should actually rejoice and give thanks. This past year (even to this day) has been a time of uncovering in my own life. Attitudes and thoughts that I had allow to accumulate have been uncovered and revealed for what they truly are....which is, they weren't from God. Funny how I was trying to justify my thoughts and attitudes by dressing them up in a religious covering. I think maybe I need the Twelve Steps For Recovering Pharisee's. I am grateful this morning that God loved me enough to show me my heart.

God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...