Saturday, September 20, 2014

GSL Update



One of the real joy's in my life is this blog. To be able to post every day some little something that God has given me is something I look forward to.
To be honest with you, the Greene Street Letters has gone on a lot longer than I anticipated. But you know...life is hectic. Over the past few weeks, God (and my wife) has been giving me little signs and big hints that I needed to pull back a little. I won't bore you with all the details but my schedule had built back up till I was working, speaking, and going more than when I had my heart attack. So, I'm going to listen to God..........and my wife.........and my doctor and I'm going to scale down my schedule.


I'm still going to be posting here at the Greene Street Letters, but it will only be Monday through Friday. I will be taking Saturday and Sunday off, as far as the letter goes. In fact, if you need a "GSL" fix, there are over 2300 postings in the archive, so feel free to go back and read those you may have missed.

People ask me all the time how I am able to get up every morning and write something for GSL. The answer is simple. I don't know. I never know what I'm going to write until I sit down here at my computer. A verse will come to me. Or I will remember something I've read or something someone told me. Anyway, the words come...the typing sets in...and the letter is posted for the day.

Many thanks to all of you who stop by here and catch a posting. Whether you follow it every day or every now and then, I appreciate you. And I hope that you keep coming back. The other thing is that maybe it will encourage you to write. Maybe start a journal, or even your own blog...we need more out there for others to find and meet this Jesus we love so much.

Well, the coffee is calling and I must be about the day...

Thanks again....
God on you...

mb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reminded how Jesus called His disciples away so they could have a little rest. Enjoy this time God has given you.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...