Tuesday, September 2, 2014

???Questions???


Jeremiah 33:3
"Call to Me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own."

We all have questions. WE may never verbally speak them out loud, but they are there.
Sometimes we feel like something is wrong with us if we question God. So we hide our questions and go about our business as though everything was alright. 

God doesn't mind our questions...........
As long as we don't expect to get answers to them all.
Case in point.
I run around claiming that I have faith in God. That I believe He truly is who He claims to be and will do what He claims He will do. But then when things don't go the way I think they should, I start questioning God. "Why, God? Why Did You not do it the way I wanted it to happen?" My questions show a lack of faith and an understanding of who God really is.
Who's at fault? Me? or God? I think that would be me.

There is a part of me that wants to be in control of everything.
I want to have this co-ownership in life, with God as my partner.

Doesn't work that way.
The last time I checked, The Lord is my shepherd according to Psalm 23.
That would make me a sheep. A follower. How many flocks do you know where the sheep all get together and tell the shepherd what they expect of Him? 

The Shepherd leads...the sheep follow. Pretty simple isn't it?
Then what's wrong with me? Easy. Stinking Thinking.
Learning to follow is hard when all you want to do is lead.
Don't forget...it is our "leading" that has gotten us into this mess.

Steve Yarbrough use to say, "Your best thinking and planning got you in this mess. Maybe it's time you changed the way you're doing business."

I really don't believe God is angry with our questions.
I don't believe He is angry when we ask questions.

I think asking questions, especially to God, is a part of our human condition.
But faith should rise up beyond any question I might have.
Faith that God is who He claims He is.

Everything I have written about this morning is part of growing in our relationship with God.
We are learning! We are casting off old ways, old ideas and old concepts of God, and replacing them with truth.
Our frustrations lead us back to old ways.
Our lack of patience when we don't receive an answer from God to our prayers, tugs at us to abandon God and go back to the old life.

We turn from worshiping God for who He is, to the old worship of using and darkness.
Well, I want to learn (this means hard lessons sometimes) to trust God.
That it is o.k. when my questions arise in my mind, as long as I keep them in perspective as to who God is in my life.

God on you...

mb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading "How Could a Loving God ..." by Ken Ham. It really hits home about God being God and our needing to just trust Him, because He makes NO mistakes. It puts what we may go through in this life in a whole new light.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...