Saturday, September 13, 2014

Rocking It In Centre, Alabama


Matthew 10:27
But Jesus looked at them, and said, "With men it is impossible, but not with God. For with God all things are possible.

Vicki and I drove up to Centre last night for their Celebrate Recovery. I always enjoy speaking at this meeting, God gives us much grace to go and be a part. Been going up there for Ten years. I've watched this group grow, change, and become a family over that span of time. Several of the original members, including one of its founders have died. Regina George was a dynamo and it showed as she oversaw the service each week. To me she and her husband, Donnie, were walking, talking evidence of God's love. When Regina died, Donnie took over and has been overseeing the meetings. 

Funny part in all of this, every time I go to speak I'm never sure of what is going to happen. God has given us such grace to see Him move and touch lives that in the back of my mind I have this thought..."Tonight could be the one night in which God won't show up...people won't get saved....no one will get healed...and they are never going to ask you to come back."  Of course I recognize such thoughts as being from the enemy. 

Well, God did not disappoint. People did come to the front for ministry. People were saved. And as of this morning, Vicki and I are believing for a woman who got prayer for ear trouble....pain and oozing from her ear. She was also one who got saved last night. Her sister brought her to Vicki and I as we were making our way out after the meeting. They were excited about what had just happened, as the new believer told me..."You were talking to me! I felt it! I knew that God has sent this message just for me!" There were tears, laughter and a whole lot of hugging going on. Did I mention that this bunch in Centre CR love to hug. Nothing wrong with that. I noticed that the lady had cotton in her ears, so I asked if she was having trouble. She replied that she was experiencing much pain. I asked if we could pray for her that God would heal her. I loved her response..."Sure, but they've been like this for two months." I laughed and said, "And what does that have to do with God healing tonight?" So we prayed. I know that God has healed her.

As I finished my sharing and was making my way back to where my wife was, a man stopped me and shook my hand. He told me that he had been taking prescription pain meds for some time and had become addicted to them. It had gotten to the point that he knew he had to do something or it was going to cost him in a big way. He was asking about treatment and Rapha, so I shared with him about our program. Then I asked if I could pray for him. "Yes!" was his reply. So pray we did. God came on him as we prayed for the bondage and darkness to be broken off. My wife moved over to the lady who was sitting next to the man, it was his wife. Vicki began to minister to her, there was much healing going on and you could tell that she received from God.

So if you would, keep these three individuals in your prayers.
The lady who was saved.
The man trying to come off of pain med's. 

And this man's wife who is caught up in this drama with her husband.

It was a good night....
Thanks for showing up -----one more time, Lord.
God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...