Monday, September 1, 2014

September 1, 1972




Well, sweetheart, we made it.
Another year to add to the group.
42 in all.
September 1, 1972.
Would you still have married me if you had known what this journey together was going to be like? I think maybe the answer would be "yes!"


There have been some good times.....
And we've had our share of the bad...
But the good has far outweighed them all.

One thing that has always been a part of our journey has been laughter.
We have laughed a lot. Silly things like  "Ralphie" and "Buzzards"..."Flash Spider" and "The silly dance". These things won't mean much to others who read this, but I know that as you read it, Vicki, a smile has just broken across your face. That's the other thing about this journey---we've created a lot of memories. I think this is the greatest token God can give a marriage...memories. They bond us together and remind us of the distance we've covered since September 1, 1972.


God has covered us with much Grace over the last 20 years.
Together we have submitted to His call and have seem Him do some pretty incredible things, have we not? 
Do you remember when we started this journey with Him when He told us we could have either His blessings, or we could have Him as our portion. We thought it was a trick questions,but it wasn't. We chose Him as our portion, and have totally relied on Him over these past 20 years. Time and time again, together we have seen Him move on our prayers and provide for us in ways that seemed impossible.

I have watched you grow and mature into this incredible godly woman. I have seen God put in you a strength and resilience that is taking you through some hard times. I have seen you embrace the call that God has given to you and meet every challenge head on. Looking To God for everything you need to see this call all the way to the end. 

You always tell me that God created you to give to me.
And that I was created to be your husband. All I know is that He has kept us and blessed us. The most satisfying part of this journey has been that you are still my best friend. You are still my lover and confidant. And, as our song so aptly states.........You're still the one.

Happy Anniversary, Vicki!
Let's do another 42...What do you say?

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...