Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Times They Are A' Changing


Matthew 9:16
"No one puts a piece of new cloth on an old garment, for the patch pulls away from the garment, and the tear is made worse."

I firmly believe that God works in seasons and times in our lives. That He raises up things that we need to see and be equipped for so that we can be the people God has called us to be.
In other words........

It's about change.
New directions.
New insights.
New illumination from Him and His word that we may not have been aware of.
Our job?
To be open to such moves from God.
To not be so stuck in the way we have done business in the past that we miss what He is trying to  do.
To identify such times and seasons that we might see in other people's lives, or in a body of believers, and support it. To not turn up our nose at this "new" thing and say, "Well, that isn't God! He would not do such things." Who are we to question what God will or won't do.
It's all about change.

For me personally, I have found that October seems to be a point in our calender where God turns the page and begins new works. I have been writing in journals since July of 1991, and each October things seem to move in new directions. Over these past 23 years, I have seen some pretty incredible prophetic words given. I have participated in some prophetic acts and events where God revealed Himself and gave instructions for the direction He was taking us. So I don't write these words to sound "religious". I do write them to say, "Hey...maybe we need to dial into God during these coming days a little more than we have in the past."


We, as humans, are all about hanging on to our traditions. We may not see it that way, but we do. We are uncomfortable when God changes something in our church. We like our rote and routine. Don't you think maybe that the Hebrews, coming out of Egypt, were a little tired of always having to follow a cloud? When the cloud started moving, they had to pack up their belongings and follow it. When the cloud stopped, then they waited. Do you think maybe some of them made the decision not to unpack because they knew that at some point the cloud would move? I guess what I'm trying to say, is that we, as people of God, or no different that the Hebrews. We are called to follow Him. Maybe not in a physical, wandering around sense, but definitely in a spiritual sense of allowing Him free reign in our churches and in our personal lives. Always remember what I refer to as the "Divine Pecking Order".  He is God...
We are not....
There.

We are called to follow. Not lead.
We are called to follow. Not dictate the route.


So as we approach October, I do so with a sense of anticipation.
What is God going to do next.

I have some thoughts on that....
He has shown me what might be.....

But I will wait and watch in wonder as He brings it forth.
I like the adventure He has me on.


God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...