Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What Time Is It? Wise-Time


John 17:1
Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said, "Father, the hour has come........"

Jesus was very much aware of his call and mission here on earth. He knew that He had a well-defined period of time in which to carry out the mandate given to Him by His Father. He made the most of His time. He did only what the Father instructed Him to do. He said only what the Father had given Him to say. His time was from the economy of heaven. No wasted effort. No wasted movement. No wasted time.

Now before you think I'm going to lecture you on how you spend your time, I'm not. Why? Because who am I that I should take on such a roll? I do, in my own personal life, have moments that are selfishly spent. I do have minutes and hours that are wasted on frivolous things. Does God keep tabs on my time? I don't know if He does or not. I do know that scripture says He has ordained all my days. He knows the number that I get to live out, but as far as the moment to moment of my day, I do believe that He cares.


This brings up another problem. 
My nature would be to fill it up with so called "religious" activity.
To run around "Doing" for God. It has always been my firm conviction that I should run around "Being" for God instead. To give myself to the task of being who the Holy Spirit is shaping me to be. Letting Him change my character by taking out the deeds of the flesh and replacing them with His fruit (Galatians 5:22-23). The doing for Him becomes more effective because I am moving from a place of desire to carry out His call. In other words, if I am being who God wants me to be, then the doing for God will come natural, almost like second nature. 

John Wimber used a phrase that has been a model for the way I view life. 
He referred to life with God as being best lived when we seek out the radical middle.
Not living life in a hyper-spirituality....
Nor living it in oblivious to what God has called us to do...
But in the middle place of balance.

Balance to see souls brought into the kingdom and disciples made.
Balance to stop and watch a sunset with your family.

Balance to see the Power of God come down and heal someone as you have prayed healing on them....
Balance to laugh and play at the pool.

We all need to find that place of balance.
The Radical middle ground of life with Christ.
That's what I'm working on today.....

God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...