Saturday, October 4, 2014

Never Cease To Praise




Psalm 145:1-2
I will praise You, my God and King, and bless Your name forever and ever. I will bless You every day, and I will praise you forever.

The act of praise....
The demonstration of love for God....

The verbal assault directed to the heavens of gratitude for what God has done in our lives.
The body language of a soul  that has been delivered and transferred from sin and its effects, into a new life or relationship with God.
How can a body receive from God and not be filled with praise?
Have we become a nation that is so self-centered that we cannot look beyond our own image and see the glorious image of one who gave himself completely so that we may have life, eternal life?



Has church history become so ingrained in us that we have no place for public display of affection for Jesus? Have we become so programmed that the only thing we have learned is that when we go to church, we sit in rows, hands folded in quiet meditation. Nothing wrong with meditation. But were is the passion? Where is the fire for God?I'm not talking about a hyped up, emotional, "whip up a frenzy" display. I'm talking about the fire that burns within and has to come out. I'm talking about a gratitude that is felt so deep within a soul that it you feel like you will die if you don't proclaim your love for God. I'm talking about a fire that burns 24/7....it goes with you daily. It is there at the Waffle House as well as the Church house. It walks the isles at Wal-Mart. It is the fuel that powers us through our day. This love and demonstration of God's love for us. It will cause you to take your last dollar and give it away to that person standing at the side of the road with the "homeless will work for food" sign. Even though your brain will tell you that you shouldn't help those who panhandle for food. An outward demonstration of God's love through the act of giving away a dollar (or more). The act of praise! God gave to you freely, didn't He? He didn't say, "Well, you know what...I know he needs saving...but I'm afraid he'll use the salvation as an excuse to keep on sinning." No! God poured out freely His abundant love and grace. We were the unlikely candidates to receive. Because He chose me, how can I not praise Him. Because He chose you, how can you not praise Him?

Don't keep the praise bottled up.
Don't keep it hidden.

Let it out.
Let it explode onto the scene and color everything around you with the tint of heaven.

You might be surprised how things change afterwards.

God on you..

mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...