Thursday, October 30, 2014

NOW!!!!


Couldn't believe it....
Driving home from town the other night....
Checking out the stations on the radio and managed to hit 96.5 out of Huntsville.
What did I hear?
"Have yourselves a merry little Christmas"
You've got to be kidding me. It's October 28th.
I waited a little while to make sure I was hearing correctly.

Sure enough, that  little tune was quickly followed by "Chestnut's roasting on an open fire."

We were entering into the Christmas season.
Can't wait...
Doesn't matter that we have two more holiday's before Christmas. We've got to get at it right now.

Impatience.

Impatience is defined as an eager desire for relief or change.
This is a cornerstone behavior in addiction.
Impatience.
I want to escape everything right now.
It's about relief in the moment, from the moment.
Too much guilt.
Too much shame.
Too many problems to deal with.

I want what I want, and I want it right now.
What I want the most is to be high so I don't have to think or deal with anything.


Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ. The power of what took place over 2000 years ago has been brought to bear in my own life through my repentance, confession and acceptance of Jesus as my Higher Power (Lord and Savior).

It is no longer I who live, but Christ the Messiah lives in me. My will has been traded in for His will and direction. I know that this will continue to be a battle, as my own will surfaces from time to time to exert it's power. I must be diligent and faithful to follow not what I want to do, but rather what I ought to do.

And the life I now live in the body, I live by faith (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) in the Son of God. The life I NOW, today...this moment....I'm alive. I have a choice. I have been given this moment. I will enjoy it and not be driven by impatience to look beyond it. I will not keep my focus either on the past or into the future, but will live in the NOW moment. I will do so by faith. I will place my trust in Jesus. I will not allow impatience to rob me of the blessing that comes from living in the NOW moment.

Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.  I was a mess. He died for me so that I could have real life. I was a liar and a manipulator. He loved me all the way to the cross and beyond. I wanted nothing to do with Jesus, His church, His people, or the so-called life everyone kept talking about. He loved me into His kingdom. Because of such love, I laid down every vestige of Michael Bynum and embraced this Jesus. I didn't know where this would take me. Still don't. But I have come to learn that this journey I'm on is much better than the darkness I use to dwell in. I have learned the value of living in the NOW. I have learned to be content with NOW. I have learned that there isn't any future without a NOW.
I guess you could say "I have learned."

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...