Saturday, October 18, 2014

Ramblings From a Tired Mind

Good morning!

I've been up and out for some time. Breakfast meetings....down to the church to set up for tonight. Saturday is one of my most favorite times....Busy, but there will be some rest this afternoon before we meet tonight.

Seems to me that I have been approached by many this week who are asking questions that I don't have answers to.  To be honest, they are questions that I ask myself from time to time. "How come God doesn't just take away the pain I'm feeling right now?"   "How long will I have to keep on hurting...emotionally, spiritually, as well as physically?" "Why can't I hear God?" I call these the questions of humanity. Questions that we all ask. Questions that come from our humanity as we struggle to understand who God is.

I wish I could give some answers that would satisfy those who ask. I don't really want to speak religiously and say, "Well, you just have to have faith." But truth is....you just have to have faith. Based on what I've seen God do in the past, coupled with what I have learned about His nature through Scripture, I point my belief toward Him.

Answers are nice to the questions we ask, but answers are sometimes over rated. What would we really do if God DID answer all our questions? Would be able to handle what we are told? I like leaving the "driving" to Him, so to speak. To place my will and my life in His care and just take the journey. Knowing that having questions are part of the journey...but also understanding that faith is what keeps me from going into the ditch.

I do believe that God created this incredible thing to help us make it through the doubting times....to make it through the hard, dark times. This thing we call "church".  Not the building....not the denomination...not the model...but the people. If you think about it, when we band together with like minded people, even if our questions don't find answers we have a peace in knowing that there are others who are asking the same questions. This isn't a gathering where we all sit in misery and complain about God's lack of compassion for our life situations, but rather a place where we can encourage and be encouraged to keep on. To not give up. To not turn back. To lay hold of God and each other and see this trip all the way to the end.  That is why I love Saturday nights. The people! Knowing that when we walk through those doors tonight, it will be a celebration of God's goodness being poured out on us for another week. We are still above ground........still breathing.....still have life.....and we're sober. That is something worth celebrating. 

So we'll gather together to sing and worship......
To testify to the goodness of God.
To get our batteries recharged for the coming week.
Be recharged so we can go back out and love on folks and hopefully show them the way to real life.

Along the way, in this journey, we will realize that we have grown and matured in Christ. We don't see life the same way we use to.
Isn't that what relationship and recovery is all about? Growing up before we grow older? I think so.


if you're free tonight, come and join us.
Love to see you....

7 p.m 
Downtown Gadsden on Broad Street -  between 4th and 5th streets.

God on you..

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...