Friday, October 10, 2014

Shadow Of His Love



"I Just Want To Stay In The Shadow Of Your Love"

What would such a shadow look like?
Would I readily recognize it?
Would it be familiar to my eyes?
I think maybe the shadow of God's love
would be in the shape of a cross.

Isn't it weird how something so horrible
could be view as the ultimate symbol of love.
Pain...
Humiliation...
The reduction of a life to nothing more than
human rubble.
Yet every act that took place on the cross of Christ
Defined what real love was.

In the shadow of the love of Christ,
I find out exactly how shallow my love is.
I find out how selfish my love is.
I am made painfully aware of how divine love
has the power to undo the darkness of this world.
I am the recipient of such a love.

If such love does in fact exist...
then how could we, as mere mortals, not be changed
when we come in contact with it?
How could we not be transformed by this love that
fills shadows every where?
A love that seeks out the darkness of the human heart
to bring real life...
true life...
abundant life...
eternal life...

Me?
My part is to simply receive it.
To recognize the futility of living outside the boundaries of 
this divine love...
and accept this wonderful gift of love from the Father.
Then...
I can move into the shadow of His love.

Psalm 91:1
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide in the shadow of the Almighty.

Sometimes, and for whatever reason,
we view darkness and shadows as evil...
Accept this free gift of love from God
and move into the shadows of His love.
Experience for yourself the richness of His love..

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...